We are now seeking an experienced Technical Manager to join our Global Automation Business Unit. Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, you will lead a team of talented professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment, whose primary role is to Specify, Design and Install engineering and automation projects throughout Ireland, UK, EU and the US. We offer the full spectrum of automation, so would be delighted to talk to you if you have a passion for Technical Management/Leadership in one of the following areas: Automation, Robotics, PLCs, Scada or MES.
This position will work in full collaboration with our Customers, our Sales Team, our Product Development Team and other functional areas across the business division. You initially manage a team of 5 which is planned to grow substantially over the next 3 years.
- Lead and manage our Business Unit Engineering Team, providing all elements of leadership from recruitment through to team execution.
* Manage the competence needs of the technical team, identifying current and future needs and build a knowledge creation approach.
* Management of the technical aspects within the automation department. Engineering Design strategy and delivery of all Client proposals and projects with due respect to safety, cost, time and quality
* Coach the technical team in all aspects of their work and performance to achieve the high performance, quality of engineering and operational excellence required.
* Develop, maintain and drive the effective deployment of engineering processes required to deliver automation and solutions at a global level
* Ensure that our engineering management systems comply with the relevant international technical standards
* Attendance at project sites to suit the needs and demands of projects.
* Be a leader in the development of solutions to meet our customers' needs
* Take a hands on approach to ensure all project activities are completed to the required levels
* Evaluate, select, procure and ensure effective use of equipment and tools
management to support the development, execution, and release of our product roadmaps
* Work with various teams to understand regional regulations that impact project execution
* This role is based in Cork, travel will be required (approx. 25%)
You will be an experienced professional with a strong foundation in industrial automation systems. You love to engage in technical problem solving and enjoy building automation solutions from the ground up. You are a leader and enjoy managing teams and processes. You enjoy the combination of both office based team management/design activities combined with the challenges of onsite project execution.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical, automation, etc)
- 5+ years' experience in industrial automation
- 3+ years' experience in team/project management
- Knowledge and experience in the design and installation of one or more technical aspects related to machine elements such as Electrical, Automation, Robotics, MES, PLC, Scada systems.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment on automated production equipment.
- Able to work well in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
- Be self organised, strongly motivated, energetic and upbeat, with excellent influencing skills.
- Leverage your technical skills with business acumen to recognise and create customer value.
- Knowledge of project management systems/engineering lifecycle approaches