As a Technical Architect you will be a thought leader in solutions for customer engagement and sales and be part of large-scale, complex D365 implementations. You will be responsible for working with clients and leading solution teams in planning, designing, building, testing, and maintaining Dynamics365 CE/Sales implementations.
* Lead your team's work on the design of Dynamics 365 CE/Sales technical architecture and solution. Including the Microsoft Power Platform and integration technology such as Logic Apps.
* Work with clients to actively position yourself as a thought leader and trusted adviser for technology transformation.
* Take an active role in developing new opportunities for our clients.
* Define technical, operational, and business requirements.
* Drive a Dynamics 365 evergreen agenda with clients.
* Work with clients to define solutions for any non-standard requirements.
* Ensure the solution quality meets the client's standards and fulfills their business value realization goals.
* Work with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent client interaction and solution delivery.
* Ensure offshore resources are utilized and leveraged appropriately.
* Lead continuous improvement efforts to proactively identify potential challenges to client success and business productivity. Qualifications
* Strong track record with Dynamics CRM and Dynamics 365 CE/Sales.
* Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement and Sales implementation experience.
* Experience in Power Platform and other relevant surroundings around Microsoft cloud technology as well as common ISV's for the Dynamics 365 platform.
* Client management skills and the ability to work with clients to develop and manage a roadmap with associated activities.
* Experience consulting with clients on complex projects, including technology leadership roles.
* Experience working with global teams, including off- and near-shore, on Dynamics implementation and maintenance projects, is preferred but not required.
* Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.