Skills and strengths;
Successfully completed master's degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, precision engineering, power engineering, electronics, computer science, electric drive technology or a comparable field of study.
At least 5 years of experience in the simulation of complex mechatronic systems (HW & SW) ideally in research & development in the automotive sector for e-traction drive systems.
- Very good knowledge of the physical detection and model development of controlled systems, their individual functions ideally in the automotive sector with mechanical, hydraulic, mechatronic and EE systems (HW & SW), - Subsystems and components (HW & SW) in focus with E- traction systems.
- Very good theoretical understanding and know-how in calculation methods of complex systems of electric traction drive systems.
- Very good experience in model development with Matlab-Simulink as well as in the development and simulation of measurement, control and regulation (MSR / Control) algorithms of e-traction systems in automotive projects.
- Very good knowledge of various control algorithms (PID, observer, state controller, predictive control, fuzzy control, neural networks, model predictive control approaches, ...), their application and implementation in model development and simulation.
- Good experience in software development with embedded system, implementation of model measurement / control algorithms and their influence on computing performance along with software development.
- Good experience with system architecture development as an important interface for modeling u.a. in Matlab-Simulink
- Experience with requirements engineering and the relevant tools (Polarion, DOORS, ...).
- Good experience in the analysis of customer requirements and derivation of innovative drive concepts and architectures in cooperation with all relevant departments and suppliers.
- Good methodological knowledge for solving technically complex problems and developing new innovative solution patterns, processes & methods.
- Very good experiences with V-Model, ASPICE and Functional Safety (FuSi according to ISO26262).
- Good written and spoken English knowledge.
- Structured working method, strong creativity and innovation competence, high sense of responsibility, high level of assertiveness, initiative, commitment, agile working method, high social skills, strong communication skills, entrepreneurial thinking.
Role and responsibilities:
- Your responsibilities include model development of complex control systems in e-traction drive systems and the development of innovative control algorithms from concept development to serial industrialization.
- Enhancement, introduction, training and implementation of the model development of complex control systems and innovative control algorithms incl. change management in product development and in projects with a focus on Electric Drive Systems.
- Contact person to international customers and internal teams in the field of model and control process development.
- Development and evaluation of system models and MSR / Controls SW procedures in close cooperation with the other R&D areas.
- Support in the creation of specifications for suppliers and specifications for customers and monitoring of implementation under the MSR / Control specifications.
- Monitoring maturity regarding MSR processes at all levels (system, subsystem, component) through evaluation of the test data in comparison with the simulation results, gap analysis and transparent presentation.
- Technical coordination and project management in the field of model and MSR / Controls development, taking into account the variety of links and interfaces on system level
- initiate and carry out problem-solving processes.
- Professional management of all subproject employees in the context of model and MSR / Controls development.