A Senior Applications Engineer. A technical champion for camera image sensor applications working with an assigned set of automotive customers throughout EMEA. Build and maintain strong technical relationships with the customer to ensure smooth design-in process and identify new technical industry trends.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Work with sales & marketing teams to identify, develop, win, and execute new and existing business opportunities.
* Manage technical product presentations, product road map updates, and training's to automotive customers.
* Provide technical support to automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers in EMEA region and help timely resolve all technical issues in ongoing RFI/RFQ project discussions as well as in mass production programs.
* Take the lead in all customer technical requirements to ensure smooth customer product selection, evaluation, design-in, design-win, qualification and mass production - work closely with customer engineering teams, technical purchasing and factory teams.
* Review customer specifications and determine present and future customer product requirements; Interpret design, application and service information and provide feedback to marketing, product planning and application team.
* Co-working and sync-up with development team in HQ, Korea during the work period.
* Coordinate PCN communication, coordinate technical activity related to quality problem investigation and resolution, Ease communication between Samsung and customers Quality representatives.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
A Bachelor/ Master's degree in Microelectronics/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent pathway
* 5+ years of relevant experience of design, product, test, system or application engineering or customer support experience incl. project management skills
* Solid understanding in automotive camera applications for viewing as well as sensing and the underlying semiconductor sensor technology.
* CMOS Image sensor HW (CIS) understanding good knowledge of CIS pixel operation and parameters, Analog to Digital Converter circuit operation (ADC), High Dynamic Range (HDR), Features of MIPI D-/C-/A-PHY interface & CSI-2/DSI-2 protocol & virtual channel.
* Image Signal Processor HW and Firmware (ISP) understanding: Basic knowledge of colour image data processing such as Colour Interpolation, Auto White Balance (AWB) & Colour Correction Matrix (CCM), Image data format such as RAW, RGB, YUV, and sub-sets., Auto Exposure Control (AEC)
* Understanding of Cyber Security system concept, Camera lens parameters such as CRA, Aperture, Distortion, PCB board level debugging
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skill with ability and affinity to respond quickly.
* Experienced with cross-cultural and cross-departmental project co-ordination.
* Very good verbal and written communication in English and in German language
* Computer based engineering tool skills such as MATLAB, and experience of image evaluation tools.