Software Development Manager
Our client are a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safe automation services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation they have achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as the leading brand in safety.
They offer a range of benefits including Competitive Salary, Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program, Pension package, Flexible Working and a range of policies to support your needs.
- Responsible for managing multiple software development teams in terms of efficiency, cost, quality and value delivered to the organisation
- Product release planning and management
- Product release cost planning and controlling
- Working closely with departments such as; Hardware/Firmware Development, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Support, Technical Documentation and Senior Management in relation to product vision, roadmap development, release planning, dependency management, support issues, progress reporting/escalation ..etc.
- Working closely with Technology/Function leadership team to ensure implementation of technology
- Working closely with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to increase team velocity and value delivered
- Personnel and performance management of development team members including career growth and personal development.
- Recruiting top talent to build a strong team in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Experience leading teams to ensure successful delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to listen, influence and lead teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse teams within the organization
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and developing technical individuals throughout their career
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies and lean product development
- Experience working within an Agile environment using the Scrum Framework
- Extensive working with Agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
- Experience working with Product Management and Product Owners to groom backlogs
- Experience working with Scrum Masters to manage and mitigate risks and impediments
- Degree in computer science or IT/Software Development/Engineering related field
- 8+ years Software Development experience
- 2+ years Software Development Management experience