Design and program high performance robotics automation systems used in biodefence. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams to support the needs of new product development programs and expand the capacity of existing manufacturing lines through automation. Additional job duties include the configuration, validation and troubleshooting of automation systems and software.
Autostream Global are proud to be working with our client based in the City of London to recruit a Software Automation Engineer fpr an exciting and growing business who provide data science & engineering services to the Aerospace & Defence sectors.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop new programs to control R&D equipment and maintain the existing programs
- Closely work with cross-functional teams to support the needs of new product development programs and expand the capacity of existing manufacturing lines through automation
- Configure, validate, and troubleshoot automation software
- Write requirement and technical documents including release notes and work instructions
- Participate in design and code review and milestone reviews
- Interact with outside AEROSPACE & DEFENCE vendors to source new/prototype equipment and components
- Support new product development based on research and analysis
- Specific duties may vary depending upon department requirements
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related science or engineering discipline is required.
- 3-5years working experience in large scale software design predominantly in aerospace & defence industry.
- 3-5years programming experience using C# .Net or any OOP (object oriented programming) is required.
- Prior experience with industrial robots, motors, controllers, and/or digital and analog sensors is a plus.
- Prior experience with machine vision and image processing is a plus.
Experience with XML, SQL, communication protocols, GUI design and database management is plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of full lifecycle software development
- Working knowledge of C++ is plus
- Hardware/software integration experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to develop, and validate systems, in Al devices manufacturing is a plus
- Strong programming fundamentals and analytical background in Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of project data
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to multitask and work productively in a demanding environment with changing priorities
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the UK. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.