We have a current opportunity for a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Colorado Springs. For further information about this position please apply.
Senior embedded firmware engineer to work with other firmware team members on custom ASICs with embedded processors used in consumer, industrial and medical applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform system analysis, specification, design, coding, simulation, verification, evaluation, characterization, and documentation of complex embedded firmware for modern integrated circuitry
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary stakeholders inside the company as well as with customers throughout the product development and life cycle
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or MS from established university
To be considered for this position, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 10-15 years in firmware design, implementation, and testing
- C and C++ languages running in microcontroller environments
- Linux or Windows Python scripting
- Real time embedded systems
- Clear written and spoken communication
Preferred Additional Experience
- Successful low-power wireless consumer product development
- Middleware (RTOS, memory management, etc.) development
- Bluetooth or USB stack development
- Embedded systems testing (black box, unit, functional)
- Revision control software (git, subversion, etc)
- Assembly language
- CMake build system
- Windows and Linux applications and device drivers
- Must have strong logical analytical skills.
- Some travel to customer sites and/or headquarters, in Switzerland (EM Microelectronic, SA) may be required
- Ability to use computer design and test equipment in laboratory
- English native or proficiency level
Any other language (especially french or german) would be an asset