We have a current opportunity for a Senior Director R&D Silicon and Sensor Design (f/m/d) on a permanent basis.
AutoStream global are looking for a technical leader based out of a Dresden / Munich office of a global Semiconductor manufacturer.
To shape the future of our client´s Automotive Sensing R&D team, we are looking for a Senior Director of Engineering Silicon and Sensor Design (f/m/d), for the R&D and product development activities for developing next generation sensor silicon and sensor systems.
- Coordination of all product development activities within the division
- R&D and product strategy definition together with the management team of the division
- Alignment with Product Lines on new product developments and selection of technology
- Pro-active investigation, suggestion and introduction of new technologies
- Ownership of the divisions R&D budget
- Responsible for the product development process of the division
- Encourage and manage patent creation of R&D teams
- Technical and managerial leadership of several teams and their methodology development
- Initiate and foster relationships with customers, suppliers, technology partners and universities
- Alignment with internal and external stakeholders on a global basis
- Internal regular reporting on R&D activities, progress and budget
- Master or PhD degree in electrical engineering (or related) with experience in IC MEMS design and/or Analog and Mixed Signal IC Design
- 10+ years experience in the field of silicon and sensor technology / R&D
- Proven track record of managing teams directly and in a matrix organization
- Understanding of silicon and sensor product NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Understanding and control of complex development projects within Budget, Quality and Time
- Experience with automotive design according to IATF16949 and ISO26262
- Definition and guidance of KPIs and MBOs for the respective teams
- Good track record of building customer relationships (internal and external)
- Strong problem-solving capability with energetic and proactive approaches
- Strategic and commercial thinking
- Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills, self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good command of English language; German is a strong advantage
- Mobility required to travel between R&D sites, availability for national and international travel to customers
- Valid and existing residence and work permit for Germany
- Flexibility to work from office and home.