Back to Jobs
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Automation Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based with my client in Limerick.
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment.
- Develop User, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications.
- Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications.
- Participate within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documentation.
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules.
- Degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency with Aveva (Wonderware) Intouch/System Platform SCADA, AB ControlLogix , Vision Systems, Robot Control, and similar automation systems.
- Thorough knowledge of change control within medical device regulated environment.
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects within a high volume 24/7 production environment.