To support three straight years of 20% plus business growth and to ensure that we fully reach and service our entire customer base we are looking to expand our current sales team with a new South Eastern Sales Engineer role.
Our client are a leading manufacturer and supplier of electrical power distribution equipment and pioneers of super low loss amorphous transformer technology. Our flagship product saves money, saves energy, cuts carbon and offers an innovative solution to the worldwide challenge of reducing energy wastage.
The Role: Reporting to the Southern Regional Sales Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Working in co-ordination with the Southern Regional Sales Manager identify and target growth opportunities
- Develop new and lapsed accounts ensuring that all opportunities across the product portfolio are efficiently progress.
- Achieve personal sales targets and KPI's whilst working towards the combined regional target.
- Review customer enquiries, including project specifications.
- Use the CRM tools to efficiently manage new opportunities and request quotations from the tendering department.
- When required provide timely and accurate quotations, in line with the customer and company expectations, including collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and contractors where necessary
- Prepare annual business and account plans for key customers to focus sales activity and marketing support for the area
- Manage day to day customer requirements, including responses to commercial and technical queries
- Proactively use and maintain the CRM database to ensure all pertinent information is captured
- Attend pre and post order meetings, at both customer sites
- Review, when required, the suitability of Customer Terms and Conditions in order to maintain the commercial position.
- Be the primary point of contact for selected customers identified as Sales Engineer accounts within your geography.
- Collaborate with key internal departments, including tendering, engineering, production and accounts to ensure the customer expectations are maintained.
- Attend and present at both client meetings and Company events; exhibitions and CPD's across the UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Be available to work when required, to meet the business demands
To Succeed you will have-
- A proven sales track record ideally within the Electrical Power Supply Sector or within a technical manufacturing/supply sector
- A natural ability to build rapport with a hunger for success
- A confident and dynamic personality
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels
- Industry knowledge in the Electrical Power Sector is desirable, ideally in transformers although this is not essential and training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Be positive, forward thinking and proactive
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- An electrical engineering background or qualification
- Must be flexible as UK and international travel forms part of the role.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary negotiable
- Car Allowance
- Working from home
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Employee Benefit Programme
- OTE Bonus Scheme