Autostream Global are working with a leading provider of software information systems into the Process Control industry to recruit a Sales Consultant, ideally zomeone within an Applications, Proposals, Product Marketing or Solutions Engineering who wants to take the step into a Sales Consultancy role
What will this role of Sales Consultant entail?
Reporting to the Sales and Services Manager, you will be the "go to" person for the company's Sales Offices around the world when they need assistance and guidance in selling their range of process information software applications and solutions in the process industries (predominately upstream/midstream oil and gas, refining, petrochemical and bulk chemical). It's a diverse role with no two days the same; from defining and presenting new solutions to customers with the opportunity to visit customer sites in support of sales activities, to training and developing global sales channels to foster successful relationships. You'll develop proposals and value propositions; research new technologies and create solutions; and provide input for future product development requirements. It's also an entrepreneurial role; constantly learning about market drivers and applying your creativity to develop new promotional materials and sales collateral and market messages. Your enthusiasm and drive will see your ideas turned into promotional campaigns that deliver long term sales as part of strategic objectives. This role is an exciting opportunity within the Global Group requiring an international outlook and desire to travel. The role will involve international travel to Yokogawa offices and customer locations across the world.
What will I need to be considered for this Sales Consultant vacancy?
- Bachelor level degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Experience of working in the process industry, DCS, PLC, SCADA, or PIMS Proficiency in Process Information Management System solutions (Production reporting, Process to Business data integration, process trending and analysis etc.)
- Management of prospective client expectations and deliver
- Deliver presentations and demos in customer meetings and in marketing events
- Analysis of RFI and RFQ and preparation and submission of technical and commercial proposals
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personality types and to work with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with initiative and drive to be successful and achieve targets
- Problem solving, analysing, attention to details, establishing priorities, organizing time and making evaluative judgments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio) Availability for international travels sometimes at short notice
Desirable but not essential
o Familiarity with alarm management and safety management concepts o Familiarity with process optimization applications (APC, Simulation and Modelling, Energy Management etc.)
o DCS, PLC, SCADA or PIMS application engineering or project management experience within process industries
o Experience of working with international customers
o Delivery of sales training for international sales teams
o Interface at senior levels across both internal company members and external partners
Candidates will have enthusiasm, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), be customer focused, thrive on problem solving, have the desire for continuous quality improvement and be a team player.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience.
Attractive benefits: Pension with company contribution of 5%, bonus scheme, healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.5 hours, Friday 7 hours.
Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.
Contract Type: Permanent.
Location: Home Based
Conditions: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.