Safety Electrical designer for Protection System Group
AutoStream Global and partnering up with a global leading Nordic systems and software integrator. The company is looking for an Electrical Designer for Protection Systems Group that can be placed in one of their many sites situated in Denmark.
The requirement is for:
- 1 full-time Safety Electrical Design Engineer
maximum 8 hours/day
- Duration of the contract:
Initially 6 months.
- Optional extensions of up to 18 months in addition.
1.2. Description of the services and main responsibilities
- The consultant will work in interaction with ICS internal and external stakeholders, executing the work in accordance with project planning and product lifecycle management for the division and the client.
The work packages to support are:
- Work package 14.5: Machine Protection Systems (MPS)
- Work package 14.9: Personnel Safety Systems (PSS)
The Protection Systems Group is responsible for the delivery of facility-wide machine
protection (MPS) and personnel safety systems (PSS). These systems are critical for the
successful and safe operation of the facility and are highly integrated into the design of
the whole facility. As such, the work of the group involves plenty of interaction with
stakeholders throughout the whole project, both in Lund and internationally.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Support both MPS & PSS with electrical design work
- Identify stakeholders and manage stakeholder requirements.
- Prepare design specifications for upcoming design packages.
- Design Eplan projects according to relevant legislations & applicable standards.
- Perform electrical related design calculations (e.g. conductor & cable, voltage drop, short circuit breaking capacity, impedance, cooling etc.).
- Write manufacturing, test & installation specifications.
- Plan and participate in design reviews.
Qualifications for the positions:
- Engineering degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from electrical design within industry or machinery equipment/systems.
- Experience from using PLM/PDM, CAD & Engineering tools.
- Excellent skills in Eplan P8 platform.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are mandatory, knowledge of other
- European languages would be an advantage.
- Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in and with team(s).
- Uses initiative to identify and resolve problems/issues and has good judgement.