Safety Automation Engineer
The Machine Safety Automation Engineer will ensure changes are designed, developed, and implemented in safety compliant manner while driving and developing own and business awareness of machine safety requirements.
* Ensure changes meets corporate and regulatory requirements from a Machine Safety & Risk Management perspective.
* Develop / Approve of Design and qualification of machine safety changes.
* Carry out Machine Risk Assessments as per ISO 12100 / ISO 14121-1.
* Manage essential project documentation from design through to inspection and verification documentation ensuring cross functional alignment.
* Standardisation of vendor quality of safety documentation design through to build.
* Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities.
* Promote a proactive EHS Culture.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Third level qualification Degree in Engineering with a background in Electrical Engineering and machine safety a distinct advantage.
* 5 years' experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
* Strong Safety PLC experience in Allen Bradley GuardLogix, Pilz.
* Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for EHS hazards and risks identified during risk assessments.
* Experience in the completion of electrical inspection and verification test protocols.
* Working knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations.