Back to Jobs
Project Manager/ Project Controls
My client is looking for a Project Manager to join their team in Limerick.
- Organizes, manages and control projects to optimize cost, spend, purchasing, and resources on major capital projects in the Portfolio.
- Support aspects of cost, spend, purchasing, and resources to meet capital performance targets.
- Leads cross-functional team and manages the development, roll-out, and implementation of all aspects of the relevant optimization project.
- Coordinates all aspects of the project activities and is responsible for overall project success including FPOs.
- Responsible for facilitating and developing cross functional project plans, timelines, and resource requirements to ensure successful project delivery.
- Perform project management tasks for Projects Control optimization projects.
- Evaluate or assist in evaluating tools/systems/solutions/technology necessary to support capital projects and business requirements.
- Provide technical support for optimization projects.
- Support Capital Spend Optimization activities for major capital projects.
- Report directly to Projects Control Manager and propose new initiatives/actions to improve department activities.
- Communicate of projects progress and status to Projects Control Manager and to different levels within the organization.
- Propose options to Management/Customer/Stakeholders.
- Utilize necessary project tools, i.e., Microsoft Project, etc. to manage projects successfully.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good teamwork with capital project managers and other stakeholders, in support of day-to-day operating requirements.
- Assist in determining the budget to support requirements.
- Degree in a Technology or Science discipline.
- 5 years' experience in relevant project management role.
- Prior experience in a GMP or medical device manufacturing environment would be desirable.
- Qualification in Project Management, such as PMP Certification is an advantage.
- Strong analytical ability and detailed knowledge of cost controls and budget management.
- Knowledge of Procurement Systems.
- Proficient in use of MS applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…).
- Good written and orally communication skills.