Our client is looking for a Service Project Manager who will be responsible for managing project commitments from receipt of purchase orders through to completion and acceptance by the customer. The successful candidate will do so within budget and without deviations from target.
* Plan, monitor and successfully control the project from the receipt of the order through delivery of services at the customer's site.
* Lead a multi-disciplined project team to execute projects on schedule, within budget, delivering the contracted scope of work to all applicable codes and standards.
* Key customer contact for assigned projects.
* Maintain regular contact (verbal and written) with key customer representative(s) ensuring all key project events and issues are documented in writing.
* Manage project risks through assessment, identification, and mitigation of potential risks.
* Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of Service.
* Develop suitable budget allocations for labour and materials.
* Oversee project schedule development and identify all critical path activities.
* Manage project resources.
* Prepare accurate financial and resource forecasts throughout the life of the project.
* Develop reports as required by Management and attend project status meetings.
* Elevate deficiencies to department manager.
* Formulate actions to keep project on time and on budget.
* Minimum 10 years' experience in customer service management, lean process, and procedure practices in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with Service Project Kick-Off (PKO) meetings and Project Execution Planning (PEP).
* Experienced in managing programs with multiple project managers involved.
* Experience managing budgets, financial forecasting and developing labour and material estimates.
* Proven track record of providing positive leadership and coordination to projects - line moves, machine retrofits, etc.
* Practical working knowledge of robots, PLC's, instrumentation or other machine controls packages, sensors and pneumatics.
* Be familiar with the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, JD Edwards and CRM software.
* Fluent in English, written and oral, second language in German is an asset.
* Excellent time management skills and is able to co-ordinate multiple projects.
* An ability to work effectively with both internal cross functional teams and customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential.
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
* Demonstrates strong multi-tasking, time management skills, while being resourceful and independent.