Location: (Vienna area), Austria
World-class drive systems for the mobility of tomorrow, we are a leading supplier in the global automotive industry and offer a comprehensive range of services in the design, development, testing and manufacture of complex powertrain and transmission systems.
My client is seeking a Project Buyer for electronics in the innovative electrification sector, you will work closely in the development of new mobility concepts for the future. You will also be responsible for the procurement of all necessary components, and you are the mouthpiece for internal and external contacts throughout the project. Furthermore, you will support the engineers in effective supplier communication and the search for optimal partners for successful products.
- Responsible for purchasing automotive components with a focus on electronics (power modules, PCBAs, bus bars, EMC filters, plugs, harnesses, plugs, electric motors, electric motor components, etc.) for the achievement of suppliers' purchasing milestones (supplier determination, supplier tracking, etc.)
- Lead the internal project management.
- You will be guided by the overarching program team, which drives the series development of electrification products and have the project responsibility for the entire purchase share of all technologies in the program - from the offer phase to the series start.
- Coordinate and negotiation contract documents for new suppliers or technologies together with Strategic Purchasing.
- On occasions support the preliminary development in the strategic pricing of new products and the strategic purchasing for the development of the supplier network for the Electrification Commodities.
- Completion of techn. Training (HTL/FH/TU) with a focus on mechatronics, electrical engineering or electronics or business training with technical education (e.B. HTL)
- Professional experience in the automotive or. metal-processing production.
- Competent with MS-Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to demonstrate commitment as well as being a strong team player.
- Organised with excellent time keeping skills.
- Professional approach, flexible and willingness to travel (approx.30%) majority in the European area.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to keep calm in pressurized environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiastic about supplier selection/nomination and development.