* Ingesting data from a variety of data sources and performing required transformations using Power Query and Data Flows.
* Data modelling capabilities including designing effective BI data models in line with the Kimball methodology and best practice.
* Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
* Designing effective layouts and designs working closely with our digital design team to ensure optimal user experience and that accessibility requirements are met.
* Utilising the navigation features in Power BI (e.g., bookmarks, drill through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
* Working with our testing team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and fixing any defects identified.
* Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access (N.B> for large scale deployments this is often undertaken by our managed services team).
* Working closely with clients, gathering requirements, and translating them.
* Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI in large organisations, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training, support, and best practices.
* Power BI skills: Data model design following best practice, ability to create calculations using DAX, data ingestion and transformation using Power Query, and report design skills.
* Wider knowledge of the Power Platform including Power Apps, Power Automate, DataVerse etc.
* Other report platforms.
* Azure Modern Data Platform knowledge including Azure Synapse, Data Factory, Data Bricks etc.
* SQL, Python, R, Spark.
* Power BI Embedded, Custom Visual Development.