PLC Programmer/ Automation Engineer
We are looking for an experienced PLC Programmer (Software/Automation) ideally with 3+ years' to join our award winning Wexford based team. The position involves some travel to client sites throughout Ireland and other European countries and The U.S. but is mainly Wexford based.
· Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or other Automation related speciality
· 3+ years' experience
Work Experience & skills
· Experience of working on automation projects involving designing and developing PLC programs & automation hardware specifications.
· Experience in programming PLCs, Siemens, Allen Bradley preferably in Robotics, Vision Experience in developing HMIs or other Operator interfaces
· Experience or knowledge of working in highly regulated industries - pharmaceutical, medical device etc
· Ability to communicate well with colleagues and clients including written communication
· Organised and reliable
· Commercial awareness
· Attention to detail
· Logical thinker
· PLC programming and HMI development as per project specifications.
· Working with client specifications to generate the automation hardware requirements and automation hardware bills of materials.
· Working as part of a project design team to develop the full line automation design.
· Identification of the most suitable hardware for the application, in relation to design and commercial constraints to get the best value technical solution.
· Generating inputs required for documentation - software design specifications etc
· Keeping up to date with new technology, working with our strategic partners and automation vendors to develop the best technical solutions for our clients.