PLC Automation Software Engineer Robotics
AutoStream Global are looking to recruit an Automation Software Engineer on a permanent basis, for a global Industrial automation company head office Canada with facilities across Europe and UK due to the continued growth of company and the need for additional headcount.
As the Automation Software Engineer, you'll be a part of a multidiscipline Engineering team, specifying, designing, implementing & commissioning specialist production line applications for the High-End Engineering & Science Applications within Pharmaceutical, Life-Sciences, Healthcare & Industrial / Engineering Applications.
For this Automation Software Engineer role, the client is looking for an Automation Software Engineer who has the following experience:
- Degree om Engineering, Science, Technology, or Mathematics Degree
- Proficient with PLC programming environments
- Familiarity with SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Knowledge of electrical control systems
- Experience in the set to work and commissioning of PLC based systems
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good client facing skills
It would be beneficial if the Automation Software Engineer had an appreciation of the following:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of GAMP
- Experience with applications development in a machine control environment
- Experience of working in regulated, quality driven industries
- Ability to configure complex servo drive systems.
- Exposure to Industry 4.0 technologies
- Some familiarity with C#.NET or a similar object-orientated language
- Experience with ABB/Staubli/Techman robot arm software applications.
- Sales support to generate proposal cost estimates.
In Addition, the Automation Software Engineer Home based, travel within UK and IRL expenses paid. Other travel: US, Canada, Germany for training purposes or to support final stages of equipment that will eventually come to UK or IRL.