We have a current opportunity for a Lead Embedded Firmware Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Colorado Springs. For further information about this position please apply.
The candidate is responsible for guiding the firmware team and collaborating with other engineering teams in the development of wireless integrated circuits used in consumer, industrial, medical and automotive applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the firmware development team
- Perform system analysis, specification, design, implementation, verification, characterization, and documentation of complex embedded firmware
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary stakeholders inside the company as well as key customers throughout the product development life cycle
- Mentors staff to develop key software development skills and capabilities.
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or MS from established university
To be considered for this position, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Technical leadership experience in a multi-site environment, including managing contractors
- Experience in implementing an embedded Agile workflow with continuous integration and test
- Development compliant with high quality standards such as for medical and automotive applications
- At least 8 years of hands on embedded firmware design, implementation and testing
- C and C++ languages running in microcontroller environments
- Real-time wireless embedded systems development and debug of bare metal and RTOS platforms
- Clear written and spoken communication
Preferred Additional Experience
- Successful consumer product development
- Low-power product development
- Development and maintenance of tools for customers such as SDK's etc. in both, Windows and Linux
- Must have strong logical analytical skills
- Some travel to customer sites and/or corporate headquarters in Switzerland
- Ability to use computer design and test equipment in laboratory
- English native or fluent oral and written
Any other language (especially french or german) would be an asset