Autostream Global are proud to be working in partnership to recruit an ICSS Systems Engineer for a leading global provider of industrial automation products and solutions boasting a global network of 18 manufacturing facilities, 82 companies and over 650 sales and engineering offices now spanning 33 countries.
Location: Commutable from Warrington, St Helens, Liverpool, Manchester, Northwich, Ellesmere Port, Chester
Salary: £45-50k plus overtime/TOIL where relevant.
Benefits:Company car, pension with company contribution up to 12.5% dependent upon criteria, private medical insurance and healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service.
Your role as an Integrated Control and Safety System Engineer will be to provide first class support whilst being the technical focal point from hand over by sales to project closing. We are keen to hear from positive and self-driven individuals to join our existing engineering and support team.
With your wealth of experience in every part of the Industrial Automation Industry, you will provide solutions that enhance safety, ensure accurate and reliable operation, and increase plant efficiency. Continuous improvement is a key principle here and the business goal is for sustainable growth, satisfied customers and personal development of employees.
For each project your remit will include; project initiation system design; SIL classification, project planning; detailed design; safety lifecycle, configuration; provide technical specification to procurement and supervision of suppliers; internal testing; executing or leading the Factory Acceptance Test, transition to site, site installation, commissioning and Site Acceptance Test, resulting in a customer accepted and handed over system, with documents authorised by the customer; monitoring and controlling the quality of work; and formalising project closures.
What will I need to be considered for this ICSS Systems Engineer role?
You will have the majority of following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- DCS software configuration generated from client's design documentation such as user requirement specifications or control philosophies
- Alarm rationalisation and understanding of EEMUA 191
- Continuous Process control and Batch process software programming
- Functional Safety SIL classifications and SIF calculations
- To supervise or implement the detailed design, by producing function block programming (using engineering software tools), to implement the Safety system SIFs for the logic solver. This includes all shutdown logic as per the cause and effects; hardware interface and graphic screen interface
- Modifying existing safety systems and impact analysis
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
- Conducting internal testing, executing or leading the Factory Acceptance Test
- Taking responsibility for the transition to site and managing site installation
- Conducting Site Acceptance Test and ensuring system is handed over efficiently, completing all necessary documents and formalising project closures
- Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standards
Applicants with Offshore certificates are highly desired, however full training can be provided.