Our client is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Our has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
The GAM Team is a headquarter function as part of Our International Sales department. The team will comprise of members located at our offices in Ostfildern, Germany and Cork, Ireland in addition to relevant customer relationship managers in our subsidiaries worldwide.
The GAM Team has responsibility for supporting the business development activities, ensuring a superior customer experience for our key customers worldwide by engaging with all parts of the Our organisation in providing the maximum customer benefit from our Products and Services. The team activities include but is not limited to:
- Planning and executing strategic account development
- Ensuring alignment and consistency in cross country customer approach
- Coordinating the development of international agreements and contracts
- Fostering best practice in account management
- Providing a fluent information sharing and systems to optimise the customer experience.
Reporting to the GAM Senior Manager, you will have responsibility for coordinating the company sales activities with key international customers building a syncronised approach with the Our countries. You will provide business development support across our organization, helping to develop and maintain customer relationships and ensuring a consistent sales performance for our international customers. You will work together with a team of talented international professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment where customer focus is essential, and a non-hierarchical approach is the norm.
- Support senior business development managers through the Our organization in targeting, acquisition and relationship development with international accounts
- Convert sales opportunities in target customers, regions or sectors and successfully promote Our products, solutions and Engineering services to new customers.
- Deepen and expand relationships with existing customers thereby increasing revenues and profitability
- Work in close collaboration with other team members across our international network and all Our Headquarter functions in providing a first in class customer experience
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to key international accounts
- Support new product introduction and cross selling activities to key accounts
- Prepare detailed commercial and technical proposals for our international customers
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of international business development events, to foster collaboration and synchronization between our international sales workforce
- Participates in other business development activities including market fairs, international meetings, customer visits, as required
You will have a sales or technical engineering knowledge/background ideally in the industrial automation sector. You will have the ability to understand sales relations and processes in the industrial engineering context. The ideal candidate may already be in a similar role or currently working as an internal sales engineer, a technical support engineer or an electrical engineer and looking to move into a commercial environment.
- 5 years' experience in a Sales and/or Engineering in the Industrial environment, ideally in an automation supplier, system integrator or machine builder sectors who supply capital equipment to the industrial sector in Ireland
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronics or related discipline
- Proven ability in discussing technical as well as commercial related aspects of project completion from shop floor to boardroom level with key project stakeholders including internal Teams & colleagues
- Collaborative, dynamic, self-driven and well-organised individual that enjoys working with others
- Strong communicator with a global mindset
- Proven knowledge of project engineering methodologies and its relationship to the commercial aspect of project delivery
- Ideally knowledge of automation technology such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Control Switchgear, Safety Relays, Distributed Control Systems, Safe Automation Systems and PC based control systems.
- Proficiency with typical IT applications and tools