Director of Product management.
The Director of Product Management will report to the VP of Product Management.
This role combines the ability to develop an evidence backed regional strategy which binds our product strategy to the markets and tactics we need to drive success in sales and achieve business results.You will be required to back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to support the development of products, drive positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with the marketing team to develop and innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present the product's value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how to solve the buyer's problems.
- Developing growth strategies for current products in new market segments and non-buying customers in current segments.
- Identification of new business opportunities and product enhancements
- Market intelligence and be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape and be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Map and build a business canvas to accurately capture supply chain and profit pools.
- Understand and document our buyer's process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Establish industry and executive relationships within targeted segments to support strategic business Development.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with target buyer personas.
- Develop and execute regional growth plans.
- Plan and execute the launch of new products and releases of existing products to targeted segments.
- Facilitate development of high impact sales tools.
- Educate and set priorities for the sales force in terms of markets, products, and solutions.
- 5+ years of product/marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a senior customer facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to executives, stakeholders, industry experts and prospects.
- Comfortable presenting and discussing engineering concepts/principles.
- Track record of building effective executive relationships with technical and commercial decision makers.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organisation and cross-functional team-based environment.
- Ability to manage through conflict and differences of opinion.
- Self- directed with an ability to set priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship-building, and people management skills.
- Bachelor of Science or a related technical field. MBA and advanced degree preferred.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and an excellent communicator.
- Strong ability to quickly understand scientific concepts/data and be able to implement into feasible business opportunity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% of the time including international travel is required
- Role is based at company Headquarters in Green Island, NY.