My client is seeking a Cost Engineer, within this role you will identify cost optimization potential in the context of selected quota, series development and series projects and advise program management on trend-setting decisions in cooperation with planning, purchasing and finance.
- Implementation of cost analyses as well as plausibility checks and confirmation of the offer values.
- Creation of cost calculations for electrical, electronic, and mechatronic components and units.
- Preparation and active participation in supplier and customer negotiations.
- Participation in global cost optimization initiatives in cooperation with customers and suppliers.
- Contribution of technical expertise to feasibility studies.
- Execution of benchmark analysis with regards to manufacturing costs.
- Proactive participation in cross-departmental workshops.
- Technical degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics or HTL.
- Several years' experience in the automotive industry in areas of planning, purchasing, or controlling is considered highly desirable.
- Product knowledge in the areas of all-wheel drive systems, axle drives, hybrid transmissions, mechatronics is advantageous.
- Experience in cost calculation of: E-motors, inverters, electrics & electronics, circuit board assembly (PCB), plastic injection, overmolding, stamping and fine stamping, magnets.
- Strong negotiating skills, a confident demeanour, accuracy, analytical mind set and an inner drive along with being highly motivated with a general interest in technological innovations.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (partly international, with a strong focus in Asia).
- A good command of German and English language.