Our client offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety - in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Said client offer a range of benefits including Competitive Salary, Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program, Pension package, Flexible Working and a range of policies to support your needs.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, your primary role will be to drive increased market penetration and sales of Safety related Automation Components and Systems throughout our current strong customer base as well as establishing new business within the blue-chip manufacturing companies in the Irish Medical Devices, Consumer Packaged Goods, Building Products, Food & Beverage, ICT, and Pharmaceutical sectors.
You will enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team where initiative and commitment are key; and thrive in an environment where meeting and exceeding customer requirements is the norm.
Based in Cork the role will require extensive travel throughout Ireland covering .IT technology will be central to integrating the Sales and Business Development efforts with Inside Sales and other functions in our Cork Headquarters
- Convert sales opportunities in agreed regions or sectors and successfully promote products, solutions and Engineering services to new customers
- Deepen and expand relationships with existing customers thereby increasing revenues and profitability
- Provide pre sales and post sales technical support to the Irish customer base
- Become knowledgeable about customer applications of Products & Services across our complete portfolio, and become the customer applications expert in specific products or market segments
- Generate sales reports as necessary, e.g. contacts, plans, competitor intelligence
- Take responsibility for specific services customers as defined by the Sales Manager
- Refer engineering services leads to the sales manager and convert leads assigned to you and once technically and commercially proficient to convert engineering services leads this will fall under BDE scope of responsibility to engage and convert
- Support the continued business development of our engineering services
- Support our teams in the growth of key sectors defined by the Sales Manager for example in the areas of eg. Complex Automation Projects and larger Project Management opportunities with key customers, Industrie 4.0 driven solutions
- You will be customer focused, self-motivated, reliable and dependable with a high level of integrity and drive.
- A successful sales engineer with experience in selling products and services a wide range of customers within the manufacturing sector.
- A third level qualification in a related technical discipline.
- 5 years' experience both in Sales and Engineering in the automation system integrator and machine builder sectors who supply capital equipment to the industrial sector in Ireland
- Proven knowledge of project engineering methodologies and its relationship to the commercial aspect of project delivery
- Knowledge of automation technology such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Control Switchgear, Safety Relays, Distributed Control Systems, Safe Automation Systems and PC based control systems
- Experience with modern automation and robotics systems including decentralised PLC control systems, robotic systems including collaborative robots
- Proven ability in discussing technical as well as commercial related aspects of project completion from shop floor to boardroom level with key project stakeholders including internal Teams & colleagues
- Proficiency with typical IT applications and tools
- Be familiar with regulations and standards relating to Machinery & Process related health and safety in industrial workplaces
- A post graduate business or commercial related qualification
- Strong contact base throughout the Pharma/Bio-Pharma/Medical Devices/Food & Beverage as well as General Manufacturing Industry in Ireland