AutoStream Global are partnering up with a medical device company based in Limerick, Ireland who are requiring an Automation Engineer for their pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to program, fault find and troubleshoot Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment.
- To create and inject software through change controls while maintaining a good understanding of the impact it has on manufacturing and facilities equipment.
- Develop engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
- Provides technical and automation operational support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Validation and Facilities departments.
- Provides out of hours 24/7 on call support.
- Support, maintain and diagnose automation hardware.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation.
- Experience with controls networks and communications systems (Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus etc)
- Supports project commissioning activities.
- Provides design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Science/Engineering.
- Experience working with validated Automation systems in the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience and in-depth knowledge of Allen Bradley Rockwell automation platform.
- Demonstrate leadership with the ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision from management and provide mentoring to other members of the automation group when required.
- Team player with an ability to work well across various departments on site as well as business partners.
- Excellent communication skills.