Our client are seeking experienced Automation Engineers to join their Global Whiskey Automation Business Unit. You will work with a team of talented professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment, where your primary role will be to Specify, Design and Install engineering and automation projects throughout Ireland, UK, EU and the US. We offer the full spectrum o automation, so would be delighted to talk to you if you specialise in one of the following areas:
- Vision guided robotics
- Vision Systems (2D & 3D)
- MES, Scada, PLCs
- Industry 4.0 or IOT
This is a global role and will require you to work a mix between office time in Cork (or national/international location) and onsite at our customer facilities. International travel will be required (approx. 25%)
- Visit and engage with clients at the very early stages of projects to understand their project requirements
* Develop concepts for advanced automation solutions for our customers needs
* Depending on your area of expertise you will be responsible for the design, programming and testing of Robotics, Vision guided robotics, Vision Systems (2D & 3D), MES, Scada, PLCs, Industry 4.0 and/r IOT
* These systems will then be integrated with other plant and production equipment at our customer sites where you will be a key member of the installation and commissioning teams
* Work with key vendors to deliver automation sub-systems. Visit key vendors both nationally and internationally to ensure all project automation deliverables are met
* As Safe Automation is one of our core businesses you will design the safety related control system part of the automation and machinery solutions for our customers
* You will provide the necessary documentation to our customers for operation and maintenance and of our systems
* Following installation, you will provide remote support to customer personnel to ensure all equipment runs efficiently
You will be an experienced Automation Engineer with a strong foundation in industrial automation systems. You love to engage in technical problems solving and enjoy building automation solutions from the ground up. You must have excellent organisational skills, a right first time attitude and an ability to operate in pressurised time sensitive situations. Ideally you will have automation experience in the Whiskey or Food and Beverage sectors. This role is for an automation engineers who want to take their career to a global level.
- Degree in engineering
* 5+ years' experience in the design and programming of automation systems within your area of expertise.
* Fluency in developing electrical drawings, cable schedules and termination diagrams
* Software programming and configuration of automation systems and equipment
* Knowledge and experience in the design and installation of one or more technical aspects related to machine elements such as Electrical, Automation, Robotics, MES, PLC, Scada systems.
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment on automated production equipment.
* Able to work well in a cross functional team environment.
* Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
* Systematic troubleshooting skills.
* Strong leadership on technical issue resolution.
* Experience in the installation and commissioning of electrical/automation projects at customer sites
* Experience working directly with site team such as electricians and OEMs
* International experience would be an advantage (International customer experience and/or working on customer sites internationally)